Monday, June 16, 2008

NOOOOOO MY BABBBBBY! # 2

ARgh.. i'm now thoroughly depressed!!! Apparently so was my pregnant Mummy fish. She committed suicide today at around 2.00pm. She, along with all her babies.


My Mum walked into the lounge and she yelled out, "what's this mess on the floor?" Looking closer she screamed out, "YOU'RE MUM FISH IS ON THE FLOOR! There are babies everywhere!" I got to the living room, there was my Mum's horrified look on her face looking down at the little fish. "OH MY GOSH MY BABY!" I picked it up and placed it gently back in the water. My Mum and I watched her and for what seemed forever her gills started to move... both my Mum and I breathed A HUGE sigh of relief. When we looked down again ARGHHH she was laying on her side. It was just too hard to watch! We figured it was best to let her be and check up on her a few hours later to get the final verdict..


I must admit, the sight of her on the floor with dried up baby fries everywhere was quite horrific... her fall must have been quite a hard hit on her head as well considering how far she was from the tank. I feel like such a bad person for moving her into her confinement area. She must have hated it and wanted out...


Well i can only hope she makes it through the night. Wonder how Daddy fish is feeling atm?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! >.< It's really hard to get fishes in tanks to breed... and you've lost them...

Reminds me of my pet hamsters when I was young, and all the dead little baby hamsters simpyl because the mother hamster was clumsy and cruel... gross and sad.

I can relate to how you feel.

(*_*)

Emily said...

Hi Crosby.. Oh LUCKILY she made it through the night! hehe I was soo happy!

Yeah animals can be quite something at times huh..

Your poor little hamsters. Did she ever have more babies?

BaSS_LeViTE said...

that's good to hear! you're baby has been "born again" =P

well, knowing hamsters... they breed very fast. But most of thost ended in disaster. Most of the babies are crushed, sometimes until the head is decapitated.

Only a few survive to grow up into teenage hamsters. Despite such high mortality rates, the tininess and cuteness of the teenage hamsters is well worthy it. Gave them away and only kept the original pair until the male died, and the female escaped from the tank and dissappeared!

Should have kept a pair of their young to keep the "line going".

Emily said...

Oh no! Poor baby hamster! You should get some again. Aren't they really dirty and poo everywhere...?

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11