Sunday, August 24, 2008

At the moment, at that time.


I was out in the garden one afternoon doing a bit of this and that when i heard footsteps down the path and the sound of distant music. I looked up and saw a teenage guy in school uniform listening to his ipod. Without much thought i returned to my gardening when i heard him start to sing. I smiled to myself admiring his bold personality and thought back to when i use to work at the High School; remembering what punks they were.

As he got closer he caught my attention again because i realised he was singing a christian song. As i stopped in the midst of my gardening, i turned around and smiled at him and thanked God for youth like him. What a living testimony he was, just at that moment, at that time. I didn't know him, i had never seen him, yet he made such an impact on me from simply through his actions. For all i knew, he could have just been another teenage guy listening to his emo/rock/screamo music. Instead he sang out aloud a Christian songs and warmed my heart once again reminding me that there is still hope in the youth in the lost generation.

What a difference we can make through our everyday actions.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really cool =) I can picture you in the garden and for some reason, the boy could almost sound like maigger with his *ahem* new ipod. =P Indeed, it's truly warming. xx

renee said...

HEEEYYY XD
whats wrong with screamo lol ;P

Emily said...

nothing is wrong with screamo... i think =P

Jia Yi Goh said...

LOL haha ..I THINK XD lol

renee said...

T_T you guys are mean..

or maybe thats just how i interpret it :D
but anyway
satanic screamo/metalcore sucks ;P
the christian stuff has WAY more energy and stuff in it :D